QuickBooks gives you the chance to remotely view not just your QuickBooks files but also other computer files. For a monthly subscription cost, the QuickBooks Remote Access tool is required for this access. The remote access web interface on any computer allows you to safely view your QuickBooks data. Except for QuickBooks: Pro for Mac, which does not enable remote access, the remote access tool has the same system requirements as the most recent QuickBooks editions.
Set up QuickBooks Access Remotely With Easy Steps
- Visit the Intuit website and register for QuickBooks Remote Access (complete link in Resources).
- Open a Web browser and sign in to your account on the Remote access website from the computer where you need to access Access QuickBooks Remotely.
- To download the installation file for the remote access program, click "Set up computer." Double-click the downloaded file after finding it.
- Click "Next" after entering a computer handle in the "Nickname" area.
- When you log into a remote session, select the options you want to run first by checking the boxes next to them. Make this computer's screen blank, disable the keyboard and mouse, and utilize full-screen mode by default.
- Select the applications you want to use remotely on this machine by checking the box next to them. You can only access your QuickBooks accounts for a little monthly cost. Remote access to all of your documents and programs is available for a somewhat higher monthly cost. Select "Next" from the menu.
- Select the authentication method by checking the appropriate box. Use a phone number, or enter a passcode. When logging into Access QuickBooks Remotely, you can input the passcode using the passcode option. If you choose the phone number option, the tool will call you and ask you for your access code each time. Select "Finish" from the menu.
How to Perform Remote QuickBooks Access?
- Open a browser on the machine you're using for remote access, then log in to your account on the QuickBooks Remote Access website.
- Select "Connect" from the Action column after selecting the checkbox next to the computer name you specified.
- Authenticate your computer by using a passcode or a phone. When the remote tool contacts you and asks you for the passcode, if you are using phone number authentication, enter it.
- When your session is complete, select "End QuickBooks Remote Access Session" from the Remote Access drop-down box.
See Also: Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
There is a variety of different remote access software from third parties on the market that provides nearly identical functions. They enable QuickBooks Remote Access in the same way as a local PC. However, there are various difficulties that could prevent efficient operations, such as network connectivity issues between the two devices, permissions configuration, etc. Hopefully, this blog helps you to easily access QuickBooks remotely and save your time.